Thursday, July 06, 2006

Local Music Show

OK, those of you visiting this site for more info on the blurb in the KC Star today...I'm going to do a series of shows featuring rare and unreleased local music. I've got lots of stuff I've accumulated over the years, but I want to extend an invitation to local and regional artists to submit music for the show. You can send either cassettes, cds, DAT tapes, reel to reel tapes or even vinyl if you want to risk it. Unreleased stuff only, please. Please keep a safety copy or the originals and make me a copy because i won't be able to return the material to you. Send your submissions to: Signal To Noise, KKFI, PO Box 32250, Kansas City, MO., 64171. You can call me when i'm on the air Sunday if you want more details, or post your comments to the blog and i'll try and respond as soon as I can. You can call me on Sundays from 1-3 pm at 816-931-5534. Be patient because I don't have a secretary to answer phones for me, so things can get backed up. Don't have a date yet for the first show, but it will be this fall. If your stuff doesn't get aired it doesn't necessarily mean I think it sucks, it just means I didn't have enough time to get to it. I may also air submissions on other regular shows if they fit what I'm doing that week, so stay tuned for that, too. I can handle things with less than stellar sound quality, but if it's really lo-fi, it may not make the cut, so keep that in mind. If you have anything with those nasty little words that the FCC objects to, don't send it, or if you do, keep in mind that I will digitally alter those offending words if I air your song at all. Any questions or comments, you can send them here. Remember, KKFI is now audio streaming on the web, so your stuff is going to be heard worldwide. I can't guarantee a record deal and all the associated perks that come from that, but I know it's at least a good buzz to hear your hard earned songs on the radio.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home