Monday, December 18, 2006

Merry Crimble

For those of you not in the know, "Merry Crimble" is how John Lennon would refer to Christmas on the Beatles Christmas discs. My wife Caroline and I will do a Christmas Special on Christmas Eve. I will also be on KJHK in Lawrence, KS., on January 5th from 8-midnight, doing four hours of tunes for you all. I'm trying to line up a time for Lonesome Cowboy Bill to join me on KJHK, so stayed tuned for that item for those of you who want to know. Not sure yet what I'm doing on New Year's Eve. I had thought of doing a tribute show to all the musicians who had died in 2006, but, the more I thought about it, the more like a gimmick it seemed, so maybe that's out the window, now. I will do some more live concerts in 2007. There's some names on my wish list, but we'll see how many want to play live on a Sunday. I can't do this on the air, but i would highly recommend the new Beatles cd, "Love" for Christmas if you're stuck for something to give someone. If the person has surround sound capabilities, get them the cd/dvd version. You will be blown away by how great the sound is on this. George and Giles Martin did an excellent job "mashing up" the Beatles catalog. I think this is George's last gift to the band. Everyone I've turned on to this cd has really enjoyed it, so there's the solution to your Christmas shopping woes. Also, remember to buy from local artists and craftsmakers when you can. Wouldn't it be much better to keep the money you spend in the city you live in rather than giving it to a big corporation? Something to ponder as the year draws to an end. Also, a big thank-you to all the listeners I've met in the last year. I've gotten such nice kind words from you all. It reinforces the belief that the decision I made to come back to the airwaves was a good one. I will keep doing the best show that I can for as long as I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home