Tuesday, September 12, 2006

War and Remembrance

It will be nice to be back in the saddle this Sunday. Thanks to Harry for filling in so ably, as always. The first part of the show will be a musical requiem for Ron Rooks. Will also do a long anti-war set in the second hour. Other shows coming up: October 8th will be a street jam as well as an acoustic jam and concert on my show. So far, I've got commitments from Howard Iceberg, Chad Rex, Darrell Lea, Kasey Rausch, Bob Morris, and Forrest Whitlow. There will be others I can't announce yet, also. We'll probably have each artist do a couple of songs and then end the show with a long jam during the last half hour. Also started work on the Dylan special, which will be the Sunday after this coming Sunday. My friend Sir Edward Chavez will co host. The semi-annual KKFI fund drive will start on the 8th, so I'm looking forward to hearing from some of my new-found listener friends as well as old friends, too. This station is a precious commodity and a rare thing in radio today--a station where the DJs can do what they want and are allowed freedom to create shows as they see fit, not as some marketing consultant wants them. We'll talk more about this in a later post. I'll also post a couple of photos from my trip to the east coast soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home